Altitude and hypoxic environment training has been used for many years by athletes across many sports to improve performance. The lower oxygen concentration in an altitude environment causes the body to be more ef cient at using fuel and oxygen, and triggers a variety of physiological responses and changes in your body at a number of levels that improve metabolic ef ciency.
Hypoxic training sessions can give you a great workout with much less stress onyourbody,orenhancetheeffectivenessofanyworkout youdoand make your exercise more time ef cient. Clients with limited exercise tolerance (e.g. can only walk) get more value from altitude training.
Hypoxic training enhances and accelerates the positive outcomes of exercise on:
• Diabetesmanagement/preventionandinsulin/glucosesensitivity • Osteoporosisandbonedensity
• Anaerobic tnessandlacticacidtolerance
• Anaemia,duetoincreasedEPO,redbloodcellsandhaemoglobin • Testosteroneandgrowthhormone
Other potential bene ts include:
- Improveddexterity,co-ordinationandcognitivedecisionmakingunder stress and when fatigued.
- Excitesneuralplasticityandfacilitatespositivere-wiringofthebrainand central nervous system.
- Enhancedcollagenproduction,withimprovementsinwoundhealing, beauty treatment outcomes and skin elasticity.Altitude training technology is currently used extensively by:
- TheAustralianInstituteofSportandmanyotherworldclassinstitutesof sports.
- ManyprofessionalsportsteamssuchasCollingwood,Lions,StKilda,Crows, Suns, Storm,Titans, South Sydney,Tigers and the Bulldogs.
- Elitesportspeople(includinggolfersandformulaonedrivers)seekingto improve co-ordination and performance under stress.
- Leading edge executives to enhance their performance, decision making, negotiating and cognitive abilities in stressful and demanding situations.
- Hospitalsandbeautyclinicstooptimisetheoutcomefortheirpatientsandclients.Training in a hypoxic environment will potentially help you go faster and further, react quicker, think sharper, feel stronger and more focused. Take training to new heights and JOIN THE EVOLUTION.